Monday, December 7, 2009

Eat Kobe('s) Beef

Pause.

Saturday night was Diannie and Chantha's engagement dinner at Palisades restaurant in Seattle. I went with Muriel. I have no idea how people find that place, shit's all confusing. But I don't like driving in Seattle period so...

Very nice venue -- I remember I took a prom date there one year in high school. I didn't get any that night. But whatever, I was/is a pretty big nerd and I was prone to making mistakes with the opposite sex. I'm not too shabby now but let's not get into that. ;]

Whilst taking periodic drags of my white zin (am I kewl yet?), my eyes glanced over the menu. One item in particular -- Wagyu steak with some other stuff I don't really care about.

Wagyu steak is pretty much Kobe steak from Japan.

Kobe steak is made from cows who get to drink beer with their food to make them 'happy' -- I just call it getting shitfaced. They also get 'massaged' like everyday -- I just call it sexytime. The theory is that happier cows taste better. Go figure.

I had to order it.

Thing came out with super fancy plating like it was straight off Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto's menu. Meat was firm on the outside, but super soft on the inside. *pause*

As I demolished the whole thing, I couldn't help by think to myself, 'So this is what 65 dollars tastes like...'

But anyway, great dinner you guys and congrats! Thanks for having me.

1 comments:

  1. it was a beautiful night :) thanks for coming with me

    ReplyDelete