Sunday, January 29, 2012

Keep Moving Forward

I feel I have been making good progress with my personal goals so far -- every day I'm inching closer, just trying to keep pushing forward. I personally feel that I have a strong work ethic and am able to align myself constantly with my goals. But, I still don't think I'm doing enough.


Sometimes I feel that ambition can be a curse.

That drive, the constant desire for improvement, that hunger, sometimes feels insatiable. To never be content, to always trying to push through some goal. I feel that this can drive people to insanity. I don't doubt that some of the past great artists, musicians, inventors and others of that ilk were consumed by this delirium -- an incessant fervor that has resulted in great personal strides and contributions to mankind.

I'm not saying that I will become insane from hard work, but I have felt the frustrations that come along the way -- like I've broken out in sweat while painting? Who does that?

I do sometimes ask myself "Why? Why are you doing what you are doing?" I always answer, "I don't know." or "I just want to see what it feels like -- what it looks like. I want to know what I can do."

I am content with that answer, for now.

To be completely honest, there's no real direction for this blog post. If anything, I  think that it was influenced by my recent plateau I've reached with one of my goals. I would like to think of this blog post as a spark plug -- it will signify the day that I tighten the bolts up a little bit more and up the notch on my Discipline and Hard Work stat. It just seems like I'm grinding away daily, pouring these experience points in, and nothing significant has come out of it.

With that, I will continue to work hard... and start to work harder. I will not be disparaged at diminishing gains, I will push on, I will keep moving forward.

I leave you with one of my personal favorite motivational videos.



0 comments:

Post a Comment