Monday, November 7, 2011

The type of Yelp review I hate

I hate the reviews on Yelp that are like, "I lived in Hawaii so I KNOW Hawaiian food... blah blah blah etc. etc. etc. I give it 1-star because I'm a dick." I'm sayin', just because you were from somewhere or lived some where for 1 hour or knew somebody ... that doesn't entitle you to know everything about that cuisine.

Makes me SEETHE.

Here's an example:

Robert F saysI grew up on Chinese/Cantonese/Taiwanese cuisine so I consider myself knowledgable on what good Chinese food tastes like.  
While this place had great decor and very cool/unique drinks, the food just didn't live up to it's brand promise.  I love the idea -- a modern take on the traditional staples of Chinese cuisine.  On the contrary, Bako's execution of that promise was entirely lacking.
 I REALLY wanted to like the food -- but I just couldn't :( 

This dude ended up giving the place 2-stars. Dude said, "I grew up on Chinese/Cantonese/Taiwanese/any Asian race you could ever think of so I consider myself..."

No. You said "grew up", you didn't say "cooked" so stop it -- for what we know, you could have just ate your mama's food, b.

"I AM ASIAN SO I KNOW ASIAN FOOD!"

"MY FRIEND IS ASIAN SO I KNOW ASIAN FOOD!"

"I USED CHOPSTICKS ONCE SO I KNOW ASIAN FOOD!"

"I WALKED THROUGH THE ETHNIC AISLE IN SAFEWAY ONCE SO I KNOW ASIAN FOOD!"


I always will skip those reviews, because they make me mad. 

Yes, I'm salty. #comeatmebro

0 comments:

Post a Comment