Monday, September 21, 2009

The Best of Puff Daddy

Saw this show on MTV last night after America's Best Dance Crew -- Puff Daddy's Starmaker.

C'mon dawg.

When was the last time Puffy has created a hit group, that has lasted more than 2 years? Where's Mase at? Where's Loon at? Where's Dream at? Where's 112 at? Where's Faith Evans at? Where's Mario Winans at? Where's Danity Kane at?

I mean, I respect Puffy's business acumen, but damn, that's a lot of people. I'm sure I'm missing a lot more.

Let's look to the positive side. Let's remember the best things that Puff Daddy did -- Jodeci and Notorious BIG. There was an era where Puff had it straight up locked down. I bet so many babies got made to 'Come and Talk to Me', especially the remix. Man I remember back in the 6th grade and every kid was singing 'Mo Money, Mo Problems'. I swear, if you didn't know the lyrics, you got NO play.

I didn't know the lyrics. Oh well.

But let's look back, to a classic...

Instead of doing stuff like this, Puff's trying to do this TV thing -- not a good look. Puffy actually had some lyricism back then...
"We spend cheese, in the West Indies,
then come home, to plenty cream Bentleys,
you name it, I could claim it,
Young, black, and famous, with money hangin' out the anus"
*pause*
If you disagree with me and think otherwise, and that you actually enjoy his shows...

1 comments:

  1. Who is Puffy without B.I.G.? Who is Fat Joe without Big Pun?

    ReplyDelete