Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Boogers - What are they?

What are boogers?

I could just Wikipedia 'boogers' but I think it would be more fun to just speculate and be curious about them. I also think that today's generation is lowkey spoiled that they have so much technology at their fingertips -- so much that the 'curiosity spark', the catalyst that starts the creativity parts of our brain, is waning. Imagination is stifled!



With that said, are boogers dirt that builds up that we breathe from the air? Are our nose hairs like filters for our nose like how Brita filters are for water? Brita filters are pretty awesome by the way -- how they make water taste different I will never know. Or maybe it's just placebo and I'm just drinking tap water.

What if we didn't have nose hairs? Would all that dirt from the air get sucked in and get lodged somewhere else? What about the dirt in the air that we breathe through our mouths? Do parts of it get turned into like plaque and stuff that get scraped off by our toothbrushes later (hopefully)? Maybe that's why people that run frequently tell me that the proper breathing is in through your nose and out through your mouth -- so we can stop all the dirt from entering our bodies and weighing us down by like 3 nanograms. Probably not though.

The human body is amazing -- how everything works I don't think I will really ever know completely. What I do know is that I think I asked like seven questions and have probably like a .05% of any of them being answered.

I also know that I am a weirdo.


0 comments:

Post a Comment